Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Lenten Update.

Today is Tuesday after the first Sunday in Lent. Thus far the sisters in Lockport have adopted the Usus Antiquior (that's the old rite for you Latin minimalist types), and the Chapel has started using the Traditional rite for both daily and Dominical Masses. I have also started to familiarize myself with the local non-traditional citizenry. It is my hope to reintroduce the many lapsed Catholics of Gibson to the life of the Church and the practice of the Sacraments. It is my hope that I can do this in as a traditional manner as possible, but that is going to take some time.



The rectory at the Chapel in Gibson

A view of Bijou Black from the back of the the Rectory (this is my back yard folks)

Another view of the Chapel property


The Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament in Gibson Louisiana. At one time this was the parish Church of Gibson, dedicated to Saint Patrick



This is the Old (Novus Ordo) Altar at the Monastery in Lockport. A newer better constructed and Traditional Altar has been set up. Pictures of the newer Altar will be coming in future postings.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Jesus! This picture makes me miss being there.

    ReplyDelete